Idiom Project Progress: Sketches and Outline Progress

During last Tuesday, I started making sketches based on nine idioms in my sketchbook. Then, I choose two of the sketches and made two full sized sketches. My class approved the Cat Nap sketch, so I got to work on the digital outline.

This is a reference for the cat's colors I will use for my digital Idiom project.
First, I got started with making the title for the idiom project. I used simple shapes to get the job done.

And this is kinda like the first step to my drawing. I had some difficulty with the body and the arms until I learn that fewer anchor points help make the body.

And this is my project in its current state. I have to admit, I'm starting to get the hang of using the pen tool as well as the simple shapes and process of send items back and forth. I also learned that using the pathfinder tool makes things easier for me to connect the shapes. I hope to bring this project to color soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing the Line

Self Portrait Project Progress Cover and Profile Arts

Adventures of Tony the Yorkie Silky