Bonus: Art Institute


I visited the Art Institute of Chicago last Thursday. This artwork I saw caught my eye while I was visiting there. The artwork is called At the Moulin Rouge. It was made by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. The medium for this artwork is Oil on canvas. It was painted from 1892 to 1895. It is 48 inches by 55 inches.

One of the most recognizable features I noticed while looking at this painting was the arbitrary colors. The woman on the lower right is a great example when the arbitrary colors were used on her face. The table on the lower left have a wooden texture. The people were drawn in organic lines. There is a noticeable contrast from light to dark colors on the woman's face I mentioned earlier.

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec painted At the Moulin Rouge to recount the activities going on at the Moulin Rouge. It's noticeable because Toulouse-Lautrec himself is in the painting. Looking at this painting, I was amazed to get a full glance of seeing this awesome looking painting in person at the Art Institute of Chicago. In addition, I am amazed by how Toulouse-Lautrec used his arbitrary colors in the painting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing the Line

Self Portrait Project Progress Cover and Profile Arts

Adventures of Tony the Yorkie Silky