Story(From Me)(True) by Anthony Rigoni


I made this piece with GIMP. First, I drew the lines using the pencil tool. Then, I place one of the characters in the door using the select tool. I used the paint bucket tool to color the picture. I used the pattern fill tool to color the floor and the walls. Finally, I colorized the picture to make the picture look dark and blue.

The colorization of blue is a representation of a cool color. It also gives out an emotion of sadness and despair. The lines used for the walls, coffin, door, and floor are mechanical. The coffin also has a perspective to give the viewer a feeling that they are standing next to the coffin. The characters have organic lines. There is a large space separating the characters. The coffin and the doorway have rectangular shapes.

The piece I created, Visting Grandpa’s Wake or the Last Goodbye, is about how I went to my grandfather’s funeral. A few months ago, my grandfather died after seven cardiac arrests. My family and I went to the funeral out in Savannah, Illinois. While I was crying, I said my last goodbye to my grandfather as he was buried at a cemetery not far from Savannah, Illinois. The purpose of my piece is to create a feeling of sympathy for the hero, along with a relative, who are mourning the loss of their grandfather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing the Line

Self Portrait Project Progress Cover and Profile Arts

Adventures of Tony the Yorkie Silky